So many ideas…!
That often happens, I have one idea of something to I want to bake, which then gives rise to another version which then inspires another recipe idea, and then I have a brainwave to make an old recipe even better by using the new ideas…etc etc, you get the picture. Not that I’m complaining though, I simply wish I had even more time (and even more money to buy all these ingredients).
Yesterday I had one majorly successful recipe…a burger trial (with one more variation left to try to make sure it’s the best it can be) until I will unveil all to the world. However that was followed by one major disaster recipe….it was my basic nutty granola to stock up my snack supplies but I burnt it big time and it was not salvageable. Sad times.
Anyway, now onto breakfast; this one is so good, so simple and more like dessert than breakfast but just as good for you as my usual bowl of fruity oats.
Make a big dish full and have it as breakfast and then dessert in the evening! Perfect.
Meet the fruity breakfast crumble crisp.
A deep layer of juicy chunks of seasonal fruits topped with a thick layer of nutty, oaty crumble crisp. With most of the sweetness coming from the fruit itself and apple sauce in the topping, with just a smidgen of agave syrup, this is one virtuous crumble. I also added white chia seeds to the fruit mix to bulk up the sauce and also give an extra nutritional kick, but these are entirely optional.
Use whichever fruits you like- here I used apple, raspberry and blueberry, but you could use pear instead of the apple, plums instead of the berries or maybe even mango for a tropical trip...combine that with some coconut flakes in the topping!!
P.s it seems that my ‘mugcake’ poacher idea is finding a few fans! Thanks guys.
Recipe: Breakfast crumble crisp
- 2 apples or pears cut into chunks (skin on)
- ½ cup blueberries or raspberries
- Squeeze of half a lemon
- 1 tbs whole or ground chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1-2 tsp agave syrup (optional to taste)
- 3 tbs apple puree
- 1 tbs coconut oil- melted
- 2 tbs agave syrup
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup puffed brown rice (or other cereal)
- 1/3 cup nuts and seeds mix
- ½ - 1tsp cinnamon
Mix all filling ingredients together in a medium bowl and spoon into the bottom of a smallish oven proof dish.
For the topping, in a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together first and then add in the dry topping ingredients. Mix until well coated then press down firmly and evenly over the fruit layer.
Bake at 180C for approx. 20 mins until topping is golden.
Serve with soy cream or yoghurt if desired.
Sign up here for my content delivered to your email... you'll get blog round ups plus other goodies (such as special offers, challenges and collaborations) right there in your inbox!
Day to day you can always find me hanging out in these places:
P.S. When you’re ready... here are three ways I can help you re-connect to your greatest self :
1) Check out my blog archives for recipe ideas and mindset journalling to find what most inspires and resonates with you on your journey right now.
2) Grab a copy of 'Thresholds' - the no. 1 best selling book in which I was featured as a guest author. It shares 75 inspiring Stories of 'How Changing Your Perspective Can Change Your Life'
3) Connect with me privately to explore how you can re-connect to your greatest self. Just reply to this message with something like; 'I'd love to have a conversation' in the subject and some details about where you are at and what you'd like to work on. I'll be in touch to see if we are a fit and to arrange a complimentary call to explore more.