It's less than a week until Shrove Tuesday.... yay Pancake Day!!
I haven't made pancakes for ages but will definitely be doing so next week. In the meantime, I am re-sharing the classic British Pancake recipe (more like a crepe than a fat American style pancake) and a roundup of all my blog favourites.
I would love to hear your favourite recipes or flavour combinations you'd love to see me create?
Recipe: classic pancakes
Makes 3 medium pancakes (serves 1 if you are anything like me!)
- ½ cup white spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground flax or chia seed
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- tiny pinch salt
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk (reduce to ½ cup if you prefer a thicker pancake)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
Mix dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients. Mix well until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized frying pan with very light covering of oil (I used rapeseed oil lightly rubbed over the surface with kitchen roll). Once the pan is hot add a large spoonful of batter to the pan and move the pan in circular motions to spread the batter into a larger circle. Cook for approx. 2 minutes and then carefully flip to cook the reverse for approx. 1 minute until both sides are lightly brown. Run a little more oil over the surface of the pan and then repeat for two more pancakes.
Serve hot with toppings of your choice.
Want more inspiration... here is a recipe round-up of pancake ideas, with a savoury option too!
AND, since pancake day is just the day before Valentines Day.. why not join forces and create a two-in-one dessert with wow factor...
Sign up here for my content delivered to your email... you'll get blog round ups plus other goodies (such as special offers, challenges and collaborations) right there in your inbox!
Day to day you can always find me hanging out in these places:
P.S. When you’re ready... here are three ways I can help you re-connect to your greatest self :
1) Check out my blog archives for recipe ideas and mindset journalling to find what most inspires and resonates with you on your journey right now.
2) Grab a copy of 'Thresholds' - the no. 1 best selling book in which I was featured as a guest author. It shares 75 inspiring Stories of 'How Changing Your Perspective Can Change Your Life'
3) Connect with me privately to explore how you can re-connect to your greatest self. Just reply to this message with something like; 'I'd love to have a conversation' in the subject and some details about where you are at and what you'd like to work on. I'll be in touch to see if we are a fit and to arrange a complimentary call to explore more.