Pumpkin, orange and pecan oatmeal
I snuck this little recipe on the eve of Thanksgiving as I think it will make the perfect breakfast! I certainly plan on whipping up another bowl tomorrow morning to celebrate with you from across the pond!
I have so much pumpkin in the freezer at the moment, having bought all the 10p halloween leftovers! It's perfect for grating into porridge, but you can of course used fresh or canned puree instead.
So, with that I will go and let you get on with your day.
Are you celebrating Thanksgiving where you are? if so what have you planned for the menu.... or for those who don't celebrate in their country (like me...sob, sob) what would you plan if you did?
Recipe: Pumpkin, orange and pecan oatmeal
- ½ cup oats
- 2/3 cup grated pumpkin (1/2 cup pureed pumpkin)
- 1 – 1 ¼ cup boiling water*
- 1 tsp coconut milk powder (CMP)*
- 1 heaped tbs chia seed
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp molasses
- few drops stevia to taste (approx. 4-6)
- handful goji berries
- handful pecans
* You could sub the water and CMP for light coconut milk or other non-dairy milk of choice. I've just been using a lot of CMP recently after having experimented with it so much in the creation of the Real Food Source E-book (it's free for you to download now too!)
Mix the oats, pumpkin, water and CMP in a small pan on the stove, bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minues until thickening. Turn off the heat and mix through the chia, spices and sweetener to taste.
Pour into a bowl and add the orange segments, gojis and pecans for decoration.