Pancake crazy.... 'the chunky trail mix'!
Day three in pancake land... and I think these were favourite flavour combo of all!
I think the reason I loved these so much was the texture... chunky juicy, crispy and full of flavour from the cinnamon and spices (I was generous with the cinnamon!) The amount of mix-ins I stated in the recipes is a guide- basically you want enough batter to stick the trail mix together with it the pancakes falling apart :-)
I added a dollop of warmed PB and soy yoghurt to finish the whole thing off. The most satisfying pancakes I've had in a long time.
When it come to trail mix everyone has there own favourites ingredients... so what would you add in yours?
Recipe: Chunky trail mix pancakes
(the basic recipe was lightly adapted from this recipe on Oh She Glows)
Makes approx 12 pancakes - (feel free to halve the mix if you prefer)
- 1/2 heaped cup brown rice flour (or spelt)
- 1/2 heaped cup buckwheat flour (or spelt)
- 1/4 scant cup arrowroot (or other starch)
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 2 cups non-dairy milk of choice*
- 2-3 tbs unrefined syrup of choice* (adjust to taste as these are only slightly sweet)
- 2 tbs ground flax or chia
- 1/3 cup seed/nuts
- 1/3 cup granola (or more seeds/nuts)
- 1/3 cup raisins or other chopped dried fruit
- cinnamon or other spices to taste
- pinch salt
- nut butter and yoghurt to serve- optional
* liquid quantity may vary slightly depending on mix-ins used. For sweetness you may also use stevia or another form of sweetener, if so increase liquid slightly.
Blend all ingredients (other than granola/seeds/fruit) together to get a thick smooth batter. Add the liquid slowly to ensure the smoothest mixture. Stir through the trail mix ingredients last.
Heat a non-stick saucepan with a little coconut oil (or other oil of choice) and spoon dollops of batter into the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins on one side, carefully flip and cook for a minute on the other.
Serve immediately or keep warm in the oven on a low heat until all are ready together.
I'd love you to join me in other places too!
Why not sign up for emails in my sidebar where I feature roundups and special offers. If you are new round here check out my 'About' and 'Getting Started' tabs up top. To buy nibbles you can also find me over at Wholeplus. Day to day you can also find me in these places: