Guess what... it's national chocolate week! Time for a little celebration with a new recipe I think!
I wanted to give you an indulgent chocolatey classic, yet something easy to whip up in minutes.
I have just the thing. Actually it's a spin on these chocolate balls which are always a winner with people whenever I make them and so a pressed a sliced version was a nice alternative. For some reasons changing the format of things always makes them taste different! I always remember when I was younger how much more I loved Maltersers in the cardboard box compared to in the regular packets! (anyone agree or am I just a weirdo!!)
You could add walnuts here for an even more authentic brownie if you fancy. I dusted the top with a raw cacao and coconut sugar blend.
Eve though they are not baked, these slices have a beautiful cake like quality to them, deeply rich, slightly crumbly and melt in the mouth. Keep them in the fridge and they'll stay more robust. They also freeze very well too not that they'll be around for long enough!
Recipe: Easy raw chocolate brownies
Makes approx. 12 slices
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup almond or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut syrup
- 12 pitted dates( based on deglet noor dates but if using larger medjool dates reduce to 7 dates)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacoa powder (plus extra raw cacao to dust- optional)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts (optional)
Soak the dates in hot water for 5 mins and then drain. In a food processor, process all the truffle ingredients together to form a thick paste, it should be sticky but not to sticky to handle. Add the walnuts to the mix last and stir through by hand (or a couple of pulses) so they don[t break up too much.
Press the mix firmly into a lined 8" square pan. Dust the top with cacao if desired. Chill until firm before slicing. Keep in the fridge.
Sign up here for my content delivered to your email... you'll get blog round ups plus other goodies (such as special offers, challenges and collaborations) right there in your inbox!
Day to day you can always find me hanging out in these places:
P.S. When you’re ready... here are three ways I can help you re-connect to your greatest self :
1) Check out my blog archives for recipe ideas and mindset journalling to find what most inspires and resonates with you on your journey right now.
2) Grab a copy of 'Thresholds' - the no. 1 best selling book in which I was featured as a guest author. It shares 75 inspiring Stories of 'How Changing Your Perspective Can Change Your Life'
3) Connect with me privately to explore how you can re-connect to your greatest self. Just reply to this message with something like; 'I'd love to have a conversation' in the subject and some details about where you are at and what you'd like to work on. I'll be in touch to see if we are a fit and to arrange a complimentary call to explore more.