I feel like it's been forever and a day since I've posted loads of food recipes! Once upon a time back in the early days) I was posting three or four times per week, but that's when I had nothing else to do alongside ;-)
Recently I've been spending a lot more time doing my own inner work which is my track of to becoming a better person and coach. I've also been doing a lot of brainstorming- figuring out how to make my mark on this world and how best to make a difference in your lives. With the news of Scott's passing a few weeks ago it made me think more deeply about how I show up and the actions I take.
On another lighter and altogether delicious note, if you've been keeping up with me on Facebook page you'll know I have been busy creating recipes for a 'porridge' e-book to be ready for you very very shortly. Sign up to my newsletter for a special launch offer coming in the next couple of weeks!
In the meantime it's the weekend and so I reckon pancakes should be on the agenda. It's been a while!
Mmmmm pancake brunch!
These ones are super duper simple and also super duper high protein- all natural protein by way of the chickpea flour, chia seed and a little nut butter.
I love the flavour of these, although if you are not such a fan of chickpea flour you might want to sub half with ground oats or another grain for a neutral flavour. I have used banana and frozen blueberries, but for for an autumnal twist why not try stewed apple or pear.
If the hot sun comes out as it has done most days this week, I may well whip up another batch and sit out in the garden. Indian summer bliss!
Recipe: chickpea flour pancakes
Serves 1 (3 small pancakes)
- ½ cup chickpea flour (aka gram or garbanzo flour)
- 2 tsp chia seed (or flax)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 heaped tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbs peanut or almond nut butter
- toppings of choice- I used mashed banana, blueberries and soy yoghurt
Mix/mash all ingredients together until you have a thick but spoonable/runny batter. Ideally, allow to stand for 2-3 minutes to thicken a little more whilst you prepare your toppings.
Dollop into three equal sized pancakes into a large oiled frying pan. Cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook for another minute or so until both sides are golden.
Layer up with mashed or sliced banana and blueberries (or fruity filling of choice!) and a little non dairy yoghurt for extra messyness ;-)
Sign up here for my content delivered to your email... you'll get blog round ups plus other goodies (such as special offers, challenges and collaborations) right there in your inbox!
Day to day you can always find me hanging out in these places:
P.S. When you’re ready... here are three ways I can help you re-connect to your greatest self :
1) Check out my blog archives for recipe ideas and mindset journalling to find what most inspires and resonates with you on your journey right now.
2) Grab a copy of 'Thresholds' - the no. 1 best selling book in which I was featured as a guest author. It shares 75 inspiring Stories of 'How Changing Your Perspective Can Change Your Life'
3) Connect with me privately to explore how you can re-connect to your greatest self. Just reply to this message with something like; 'I'd love to have a conversation' in the subject and some details about where you are at and what you'd like to work on. I'll be in touch to see if we are a fit and to arrange a complimentary call to explore more.