It's less than a week until Shrove Tuesday.... yay Pancake Day!!
I haven't made pancakes for ages but will definitely be doing so next week. In the meantime, I am re-sharing the classic British Pancake recipe (more like a crepe than a fat American style pancake) and a roundup of all my blog favourites.
I would love to hear your favourite recipes or flavour combinations you'd love to see me create?
Recipe: classic pancakes
Makes 3 medium pancakes (serves 1 if you are anything like me!)
- ½ cup white spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground flax or chia seed
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- tiny pinch salt
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk (reduce to ½ cup if you prefer a thicker pancake)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
Mix dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients. Mix well until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized frying pan with very light covering of oil (I used rapeseed oil lightly rubbed over the surface with kitchen roll). Once the pan is hot add a large spoonful of batter to the pan and move the pan in circular motions to spread the batter into a larger circle. Cook for approx. 2 minutes and then carefully flip to cook the reverse for approx. 1 minute until both sides are lightly brown. Run a little more oil over the surface of the pan and then repeat for two more pancakes.
Serve hot with toppings of your choice.
Want more inspiration... here is a recipe round-up of pancake ideas, with a savoury option too!
AND, since pancake day is just the day before Valentines Day.. why not join forces and create a two-in-one dessert with wow factor...
Sign up here for my content delivered to your inbox!
Day to day you can always find me hanging out in these places:
P.S. If you’re ready... here are three ways I can help you experience ALL of yourself :
1) Check out my blog archives with plant-based recipes, articles and audio recordings for inspiration that may support you on your journey.
2) Join I AM - my private community of people committed to growth and committed to showing up authentically in ownership of their journey. A space to express who we are, who we are becoming or maybe who we are leaving behind.
3) Work with me privately to set up a conversation to explore how you can connect to who you really are. I'll be in touch to see if we are a fit and to arrange a complimentary call to explore more.